Resources for Wildfires
United Way Supply Distribution to Help People That Have Evacuated
- Date & Times:
- Friday, September 11th from Noon-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9/12 and Sunday, 9/13 from 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: 1795 17th Street NE Salem, Oregon 97301
United Way Accepting Donations at the Following Locations:
- United Way Office: 455 Bliler Ave NE, Salem, OR 97301
- Warehouse (Location Listed Above): 1795 17th Street NE Salem, Oregon 97301
How to Volunteer for United Way:
- Please go to the United Way website at unitedwaymwv.org and sign up for shifts.
For Information and Updates:
- Marion County Alerts and Emergencies:
- Via their Website: https://www.co.marion.or.us/Alerts?AlertId=80
- Via their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarionCountyOR/
Information about Evacuations:
- Marion County Sheriff: https://www.facebook.com/MCSOInTheKnow/
General Fire Tracking via Satellite:
For Those That Have Had To Evacuate:
- Where To Go:
- What To Do After Losing A Home: https://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/fire/home-fire-recovery.html
- Extra Assistance for Seniors:
- Know your Evacuation Levels:
- LEVEL 1: READY: Prepare to evacuate.
- LEVEL 2: SET: Prepare to leave at a moment’s notice.
- LEVEL 3: GO: Leave immediately.
- Be Prepared & Know What To Take With You:
- Pack your car including items needed to prove identity, property ownership & home or rental insurance information.
- Fill your gas tank & keep it filled
- Keep emergency supply of water, nonperishable food, and blankets in your car
- Know your family’s evacuation plan and communication plan (see FEMA Guide)
How To Help Others:
- Call and check in on neighbors
- Donate to Red Cross to help with the burden: https://www.redcross.org/local/oregon.html